Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Market Trip! 2013 Part Two

This is my second blog entry about our trip to market in January of 2013.  My first post was about the things we ordered to ship now.  We also ordered for Halloween, Fall, and Christmas.  This entry is about what we ordered for Halloween and Fall.  I have to be honest; Fall is tough for us. We have always used muted, soft colors in the store which don't always mix well with the rich, warm colors of Fall.  I made an effort this year to embrace Fall color. See the picture below?  I love the natural look of the florals in it.  I hope we can get close to this look for Fall of 2013.
 I got a few bronze colored items for Fall like the sugared pinecone below.

 We had this huge stone turkey last year but he was really popular as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving so I ordered him again. I got the wispy wreath around his neck too.

 This squirrel was in the same showroom as the turkey.
This is a bronze mercury glass turkey ornament.  I love him!
A more colorful turkey.
I ordered this mustard burlap ribbon to go with our Fall wreaths.
 
The bottle carrier below is large enough to use as a centerpiece.  I think it will be amazing with a floral stem in each bottle.  We ordered several of these.

Most of the Halloween items I ordered were black, white, and silver.  I found a few cute frames this year like this one.
 These are stacking glass boxes.  They have Halloween quotes on the glass sides.  They look cute filled with pumpkins.

 Striped frame.  It would be so stinkin cute to put a picture of your kids in their costumes in a frame like this. Why didn't we have cute Halloween frames when I was growing up??
This pumpkin man and witch were in the ESC showroom.  ESC carries mostly holiday figures done by artists.  Every year I order a few to tuck into our displays.  I only order the ones that aren't too whimsical and have a vintage look to them.

 It's hard to see in this picture but the sign has legs with striped stockings hanging below.  I just love the tulle skirt.
 


 The picture below might be my favorite from market.  It's the Bethany Lowe showroom.  Don't you love those oval silhouette prints on the wall?  I ordered a pair of them.  See the 2 pillows on the chair?  I ordered those too.  I feel like I rarely see Halloween pillows so I was excited to find cool ones. The Bethany Lowe showroom always has a fun vignette like this set up in the window.

I loved these lanterns below.  I think they had a hole in the back so you can just use one of those plug in light bulbs. Don't you love those things?!  No need to worry about a burning candle!
The ones below are just thin paper cones that you can put over a candle. I love the vintage designs on them.
This is actually a picture from last year but I reordered the crow and the jeweled pumpkins for this year.  One of the owners of this line told me that the crow with the crown was his bestseller last year and this year.
This is a wall plaque that I got.  The chandelier and words are done in silver.  It's Halloween, but classy.  Every year, we try to set up a display for those of you that want to decorate for Halloween but don't like all of the cheesy, plastic stuff you find everywhere else.  Halloween can be spooky AND pretty right?
I ordered some of the plates below.  I believe the crow's banner says, "nevermore."  Wouldn't it be fun to have these for a little party where you made those cute desserts that look like fingers and spiders?  You know, the ones you see on Pinterest that you always plan to make but never do? :)
These are boxes that look like books.  Got a few sets of these.
This cat is HUGE.  I think you can put candy in him or put a light inside.  I thought it would be a cool table centerpiece.


I hope you liked seeing a small amount of what we picked for this Halloween and Fall.  We saw a lot of fun things this year!  I'm working on the third part of the market blog next.  It will feature some of what we picked for Christmas.  I can tell you from what I ordered that this will be THE BEST CHRISTMAS yet!  Is it weird that I'm actually a little excited for it?  Yeah, I think I have a problem.  I'll have part 3 finished in a few days so watch for it.  Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment